Professional Photographer and Rapper (D. Tucker)














(Bahamian Artist Sammi Starr and myself)


Hello to the first timers, if you're new here, and to everybody welcome. For the virgins of my blog my name is Dwayne Tucker I've been advancing in photography for the past ten years. Summer 2011, I paused my career as a professional photographer to pursue a career in music. I've been rapping for as long as I've been photographing but any artist knows that it takes putting your everything into the art of your choice to become great at it. A little history of my photography back ground so I can speed you up for you to understand why I'm doing what I'm doing here / why I feel as if it's my duty to keep my ties to the photography community. 

When I were a kid I stayed up countless hours on the internet looking for great photography blogs and like you probably do if you're a digital photographer, looking for ways to become better in Photoshop. That's when I came across an important name that will change my life for ever, Scott Kelby. I stumbled on Photoshop User Tv, a online tv show / podcast for catching rabbits in the meadows - (I'm just playing!) It was for photo shop. I took to the show for a number of reasons, they were being themselves, they as in Scott and the co-host Matt and Dave at the time; they were having fun at all times on the show and sharing some beneficial information. From the show I found out that Scott had a blog, from I then started to read his blog, every time he posted. 

In high-school on weekends I worked at a store in the Bahamas that sold GE appliances. It was a family operated business and the owners of the store and the staff got along like family, it was just the way things were in the store; amazing. I say amazing because of one thing unlike any other similar work environment in the Bahamas allowed you to be you, once you did the work. The store opened up about 7:30 a.m., stated busy until about 9:30 a.m. then picked up speed around 11:20 a.m. Durning the hours that weren't busy I'd use my computer to kill some time, but I'd be reading blogs that I booked marked that shared information about the photography community. It was then I told myself that everyday I'd go to Scott Kelby's website and make sure he knew I was where. I commented and left my signature as Dwayne Tucker | Nassau, Bahamas. I got an email from Scott about two weeks of doing that, everyday, and he said he and his staff would be going to the Bahamas for business and he wanted to know if I'd spend the day to with them to shoot. In my mind it was like fuck yeah I'm I really reading this email! Scott to me is an idol in the photography game and he is like Jay-z / Kanye West / Pharrell / Cisco Adler / Shwayze is to me for music I'd be more than excited to hit the studio up with them to record; you get the picture, I was super excited canceled all plans and took the opportunity.

In high-school a friend of mine and I played golf on the weekends, he were really passionate about golf. Years later I'm still friends with the kid, he saw that I'm making moves with my photography and shared with me that his little brother is also into the same thing. That was about three or four years ago. I take mental note of everything therefore I started to watch his brother and see if he truly wants to be a photographer. On facebook I saw that he got a Nikon, I shoot with Nikon. Scott Kelby shot with Nikon so I started shooting with Nikon and stuck with it after using a Canon and fell in love with Nikon's shutter sound. If you shoot Nikon you'll know what I'm talking about. 

Fast forward a ton of observations, my friends brother and I started skateboarding together because the skateboarding community isn't as large in the Bahamas so all of the skaters know each other. I then spoke to him about photography told him that I'm moving into my dream to become a famous musician and offered try to teach him what I know about photography. I also told him that the major lesson in photography is observation and personality - if you're under 20 years old in 2011 then just call the shit observation and swag so you'd get the picture. 

The photographs that I posted here is a collaboration with photographer Edward Kemp and I; you'll notices my editing style and on about one or three of them my composition style because I edited the photographs. I want you guys to welcome Edward to the world of photography here in my We Have Fun community because he's the chosen photographer by me that I'll grow to make him the photographer that he'll become and I want him to become good enough so I can make him one of my private photographers when I make it to that level of touring my music etc. (Don't bitch at me for not taking a breath just now that sentence was the most longest sentence!)

I'll close on that note with a, continue to have fun with your work, live it up and a YachtLife that's all playa! - D. Tucker (YachtLife is my movement for my music it stands for Young. Ambitious. Creative. High-standards. Talented. Lifestyle.)

0 comments: