Pharrell Williams' Inspiration To D. Tucker


Pharrell refers to himself as a big kid. Not because he's irresponsible or anything negative towards an adult being called a kid, but, it's because like a kid, his mind is always creative. I began following Pharrell and N.E.R.D.'s music from I were in high-school. They were different, I were different. He make music and was called Skateboard P;  I  make music and I love to skateboard. It's just the way shit is. I liked his music back then and now because his mindset is cool. The thing I love about the music Pharrell and N.E.R.D. music make is that they pack it with energy, energy that make you feel, energy that make you feel as if you're in the moment and it can also make you remember a moment, smell the colors / see the sounds.

As I grew older and learned a little bit more about life, I began to identify a number of reasons why I idolize Pharrell other than the aforementioned similarities. It is because he seem to always have the sexiest ladies around him! I'm just playing! Real talk though, it's because he honestly believes that he can do anything he wants if he puts his mind to it and I look up to that. That statement goes for both his artistic mindset and business ethics. My understanding to it all is to do whatever you do for a reason and let the main point of that reason be because you love doing what you do.

Quotes by Pharrell Williams:

"Wealth is in the mind and heart, not the pocket."

"I love making music, though. I love playing."

"So when I'm playing, I'm sort of painting a feeling in the air."


::Musician Inspiration's:: - This addition to my We Have Fun blog is to show my respect / share the musicians I've looked up to because they've inspired me in some way or another. Before I were a professional photographer, I were inspired by other professionals, later in my career I started to meet the people I read about and ended up collaborating with many of them. Summer 2011 I decided to pause my photography as a profession to continue / pursue my childhood dream / make a name for myself as a musician to share my music the world inspiring others to do what they want, when it feels right, if they love it.

I go by the name D. Tucker, you can like my fan page and follow me on twitter at:

Facebook Fan Page: http://facebook.com/242dt 

Follow Me On Twitter: @DwayneTucker

P.S. You Can Listen To / Download My Somewhat Good Is Okay Volume 1 Mixtape @: http://dtucker.bandcamp.com

#That'sAllPlaya

0 comments: